ADDENDUM: These Terms and Conditions have been updated on 17.12 21. Due to the current retail situation and its effect on stock levels, it is possible that there may be some flashed promotional stock in the marketplace in advance of the planned promotional start date of 10.01.22 when the weekly draws start. Therefore, to ensure anyone purchasing a pack in advance of this date still has an opportunity to enter, within the daily limits and conditions as indicated in Clause 7, the Promoter will allow consumers to enter one of the weekly draws, as long as they keep their receipt and promotional pack from the date they purchased it. Further details relating to this situation and for clarity can be found in Clause 3, 17 and 52 of the full Terms and Conditions.
Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by entering this promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Registered office: Nestle UK Ltd, Nestle Confectionery (UK), York, YO91 1XY. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ENTRIES TO THIS ADDRESS.
- The promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), Isle of Man, Channel Islands and Republic of Ireland aged 18+ only.
- This promotion excludes employees and the immediate families of Nestlé UK Ltd (“the Promoter”), its affiliated companies, agents or anyone else professionally connected to the promotion.
- Purchase necessary. Please retain promotional pack and all receipts as proof of purchase showing date of purchase during the Promotional Period, or prior to this date as a result of some promotional stocks reaching the market early.
- No purchase necessary mail in option in Northern Ireland.
- Internet access required for the extra chance to WIN via microsite for weekly prizes and late entry draws.
- There is a maximum of 1x €/£10,000 Road Trip holiday prize per person, and a maximum of 1 x €/£10,000 Road Trip holiday prize per household for the weekly online microsite draws during the full promotional period including late entry draws.
- Maximum two (2) entries per person, per day during the promotional period into the weekly prize draws. Each entry to the prize draw must have a new pack and unique receipt as part of the entry requirements. Anyone trying to circumvent these rules by using alternative details will be disqualified from this promotion.
- Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups, agents, third parties or syndicates will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of programme, application, script, brute force or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified, and any prize awarded will be void.
Core Promotional Period
- The promotional period for the 5 x €/£10,000 Road Trip holidays to be won via randomly seeded winning packs starts at 00:00 on 10.01.22 and ends at 23:59 on 31.12.22.
- The core promotional period for the weekly draws, to win one (1) x €/£10,000 Road Trip holiday via the online microsite, occurs each week from 00:00 on 10.01.22, closing the following Sunday at 23:59 until 06.03.22.
- Draw 1 will take place on Monday 17.01.22 from all valid entries received during the week Monday 10.01.22 00:00 to Sunday 16.01.22 23:59.
- Draw 2 will take place on Monday 24.01.22 from all valid entries received during the week Monday 17.01.22 00:00 to Sunday 23.01.22 23:59.
- Draw 3 will take place on Monday 31.01.22 from all valid entries received during the week Monday 24.01.22 00:00 to Sunday 30.01.22 23:59.
- Draw 4 will take place on Monday 07.02.22 from all valid entries received during the week Monday 31.01.22 00:00 to Sunday 06.02.22 23:59.
- Draw 5 will take place on Monday 14.02.22 from all valid entries received during the week Monday 07.02.22 00:00 to Sunday 13.02.22 23:59.
- Draw 6 will take place on Monday 21.02.22 from all valid entries received during the week Monday 14.02.22 00:00 to Sunday 20.02.22 23:59.
- Draw 7 will take place on Monday 28.02.22 from all valid entries received during the week Monday 21.02.22 00:00 to Sunday 27.02.22 23:59.
- Draw 8 will take place on Monday 07.03.22 from all valid entries received during the week Monday 28.02.22 00:00 to Sunday 06.03.22 23:59.
Late Entry Promotional Period
- After the weekly draw core promotional period, there will still be an opportunity to win 1x €/£10,000 Road Trip holidays in each of the 2 late entry draws:
- The first late entry draw period will run from 00:00 on 07.03.22 to 23:59 on 31.07.22. The first late entry draw will be conducted on 1st August 2022.
- The second late entry draw period will run from 00:00 on 01.08.22 to 23:59 on 31.12.22. The second late entry draw will be conducted on the 3rd January 2023.
- Entries, depending on times, will be accepted into the relevant promotional draws detailed. Entries are valid for the applicable draw only and will not roll over. Prize draw entries outside of the stated Promotional periods will be rejected.
- There are 5 x £10,000 (€10,000 for ROI winners) Road Trip holiday prizes, available to be won instantly by purchasing a participating promotional pack of KitKat® (while stocks last - see Clause 19 for participating products) and finding a lucky winning bar or pack and winning insert inside. Winning inserts contain details on how to claim.
- To enter the weekly prize draws for your extra chance to win a €/£10,000 Road Trip holiday prize, participants must:
- Purchase a participating promotional pack of KitKat® whilst stocks last - see clause 19 for participating products.
- Visit www.kitkat.co.uk and follow the directions to the promotional microsite;
- Enter their full name, email address and the last 4 digits of the 13-digit barcode found on the back of the promotional pack.
- Select their country of residence, either UK (includes Channel Islands and Isle of Man) or ROI, and county.
- Entrants will be notified via email if they are a winner on the same day that the weekly draw takes place.
- Entrants into any late entry draws will be entered into their respective prize draw to take place the following working day after the promotional period ends, and will be notified, by email, if they are a winner, on the same day that the draw takes place.
- Any attempts to enter the same code fraudulently, use codes from non-promotional packs, or the use of any codes not intended for use in this promotion, may result in disqualification and all such claims will be declared void. Please retain your promotional pack containing the barcode and itemised receipt showing date of purchase during the Promotional Period for each entry, as you will need these for verification purposes.
- The receipt can only be used once. Entrants who do not give correct details, provide inaccurate or the wrong receipts or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified.
- Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or entries received outside any promotional period will not be accepted. Receipts for purchases of promotional stock prior to the promotional date will however be accepted with the corresponding promotional pack due to stock being in the market place earlier than planned. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- To enter without purchase in Northern Ireland only – send your name, age, full postal address and email address to: KitKat® Win a Road Trip Holiday Promotion NPN, Consumer Services, Nestlé UK Ltd, Haxby Road, York, YO91 1XY. Once the request has been verified, a 4-digit promotional code will be provided via email within 2 working days which can then be entered on the microsite in order to enter the promotion. Only one entry per stamped, correctly mailed envelope. A maximum of 2 claims permitted per person throughout the promotional period. No purchase necessary applications must be received by 23.12.22. Only applications received by 28.02.22 will be processed before the end of the core promotional period. Applications received between 07.03.22 – 31.07.22 will be entered into the first late entry draw. Applications received between 01.08.22 – 31.12.22 will be entered into the final late entry draw.
No Purchase Necessary requests will be subject to verification.
- The promotion is available on the following products:
KITKAT® 4 Finger Milk 41.5g
KITKAT® 4 Finger Milk 41.5g (60p)
KITKAT® 4 Finger Milk multipack 4x41.5g
KITKAT® Chunky Milk 40g
KITKAT® Chunky Milk 40g (60p)
KITKAT® Chunky Milk Duo 64g
KITKAT® Chunky Milk multipack 4x40g
KITKAT® Chunky Milk multipack 9x32g
KITKAT® Chunky Milk multipack 4x32g
KITKAT® Chunky Peanut Butter 42g
KITKAT® Chunky Peanut Butter 42g (60p)
KITKAT® Chunky Salted Caramel Popcorn 42g
KITKAT® Chunky Salted Caramel Popcorn 42g (60p)
KITKAT® 2 Finger Milk multipack (9x20.7g)
KITKAT® 2 Finger Milk multipack (14x20.7g)
KITKAT® 2 Finger Orange multipack (9x20.7g)
KITKAT® 2 Finger Orange multipack (14x20.7g)
KITKAT® 2 Finger Dark Mint multipack (9x20.7g)
KITKAT® 2 Finger Dark multipack (9x20.7g)
KITKAT® 2 Finger Honeycomb multipack (9x20.7g)
This applies only when the pack features the ‘WIN your €/£10,000 Dream Road Trip and Break Free’ promotional flash and while stocks last.
- Prizes available to be won are as follows:
- There are 5 x £10,000 (€10,000 for ROI winners) Road Trip holiday prizes available to be won via randomly seeded winning lucky bars or packs.
- There are 8 x £10,000 (€10,000 for ROI winners) Road Trip holiday prizes available to be won online via www.kitkat.co.uk . One prize is available in each of the weekly draws.
- There are 2 x £10,000 (€10,000 for ROI winners) Road Trip holiday prizes available to be won via the late entry draws. One prize is available in each of the draws
- 15 prizes available in total
- Each winner will have a maximum budget of €/£10,000 as stated in these T&Cs and must be used against one holiday only. Including, but not exclusive to the following: flights (either domestic or international), accommodation (with a maximum number of nights totalling 28), car hire as outlined below, airport transfers and local excursions or tours. There are no restrictions to the number of guests travelling with the winner, so long as the maximum budget of €/£10,000 is not exceeded. Restrictions do apply based upon winners chosen form of transport (as outlined in clause 25). One member of the party will be required to be over the age of 25 if car hire is incorporated within the Road Trip Holiday.
- Holidays must be booked through Cloud Nine Incentives who will use an ABTA bonded tour operator (i.e., excluding direct sell companies).
- Following each prize draw, winners will be contacted by Cloud Nine, who will work with each winner to create and book a bespoke holiday package to the maximum budget of €/£10,000.
- Car hire will be subject to additional terms and conditions that will need to be adhered to by the winner, failure to do so may result in the decline of the rental. Full rental agreements will be provided by the third-party operator at booking stage. Winners must also confirm at the time of booking if they require: Satellite Navigation, additional drivers, child’s car seats and a guide to mileage use (some rentals will be subject to a maximum mileage). Any driver of the vehicle must be over the age of 25 years and have a full driving licence which adheres to the local requirements for rental in the given country they are visiting. A credit card will be required in the driver’s name for vehicle collection, this is used for incidentals and insurance purposes only. All vehicles will be provided by a quality assured rental company that is booked through the prize provider. All rentals will be provided with a fully inclusive rental policy and are for a maximum of one vehicle only for the duration of the Road Trip holiday.
- Packages are available for winners who do not wish to drive, don’t hold a driver’s licence or are under 25 at the time the trip will be taken. Each road trip holiday is completely bespoke to the winners wants and needs, so alternative solutions will be made available.
- Accommodation provided will be a minimum 4* rating or equivalent.
- All holiday prizes are valid for travel until 31st December 2023, no exclusion dates apply meaning winners have the flexibility to travel at any time of year, however travel is subject to availability, any government guidelines that might be applicable and the maximum budget as outlined within these terms.
- In the event that government restrictions and guidelines related to the COVID-19 pandemic prohibit a winner from fulfilling their Road Trip holiday prize on the confirmed dates, the prize will be re-arranged for an alternative date.
- The €/£10,000 budget may not be taken in cash or Travellers Cheques either in part or full.
- Please allow where possible a minimum of 6 weeks’ notice in which to book your prize -please allow more if possible.
- Packages are offered with a maximum duration of 28 nights.
- Some locations will require visas and inoculations. It is a winner’s responsibility to obtain these directly and this may be subject to additional cost.
- The winner must have a valid passport and have all necessary and relevant visas (if applicable) to travel to the chosen prize destination. The winner’s passport must have an expiry date no less than 9 months following the dates of travel, unless otherwise specified by a pertinent regulation. All passports and visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the relevant winner.
- Any changes made to the booking after confirmation will incur an amendment charge, which will need to be covered by the winner.
- All bookings must be made through: Cloud Nine Incentives Ltd, The Station, 7 High Street, Olney, Bucks, MK46 4EB. Tel: (0845) 121 4765 or email email@example.com, ABTA No. L9097.
- It is recommended that holiday insurance is purchased at the time of booking. Your €/£10,000 budget may be used against this cost. Covid-19 cover as an additional insurance can also be included within the insurance options.
- Cloud Nine Incentives act as agents – services provided are subject to the conditions specified by the suppliers.
How to Claim Prizes
- For the €/£10,000 Road Trip holidays won via randomly seeded winning packs, winners will find a winning insert inside their promotional bar or pack giving instructions of the validation and claim process. There will be one winning insert only inside each winning bar or pack.
- Claims from any lucky winning bar or pack must be made by 31.12.22. After this date, any unclaimed lucky winning bars or packs will be declared null and void.
- Claims will first have to be verified by Nestlé Consumer Services and an independent third party, following receipt of information as stated on their winning insert together with their promotional pack. Similar verification checks will occur for any prize draw winners.
- For assistance with claiming your prize please contact Nestlé Consumer Services either by email at consumer.services@UK.nestle.com or by telephone on Freephone 00800 6378 5385 (UK + ROI).
Winner Selection and Notification
- A total of 5 x winning lucky bars/packs with a winning insert inside have been randomly distributed via an independently verified process into promotional stock available for distribution to the marketplace thus allowing consumers the opportunity to purchase them during the promotional period. If your promotional KitKat® does not contain a winning insert, then unfortunately you have not won this time.
Please note that the 5 x lucky bars/packs containing winning inserts have been randomly seeded from the total universe of the promotional products available and therefore not all product variants may contain winning inserts.
Lucky winning multipacks will contain only one winning insert, which will be required to validate the claim.
- For the €/£10,000 Road Trip holiday prizes won via the online microsite prize draws, 1 x winner will be drawn at random each week throughout the core promotional period, 8 winners in total. Winners will be notified via the email address that they used to enter the promotion on the same day that the weekly draw takes place and will be required to claim their prize within 14 days of first notification. Winners will be asked to follow instructions to claim their prize, this will include providing ID, proof of address, telephone number and confirming their email address. The claim process will involve personal details to verify their claim is valid. Verification of the win against the Terms and Conditions will occur prior to awarding the prize. If the winner rejects the prize, fails to pass verification or to claim their prize within 14 days, the Promotor reserves the right to forfeit the prize from this person and contact reserve winners drawn next in line in the original draw to fulfil any prizes not claimed in this manner.
- The selection process for weekly prize draw winners will repeat. If subsequent winners fail to respond to communications after reasonable attempts to be contacted by the Promoter, then the Promoter reserves the right to finally withdraw that weekly prize. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their email account during this time in case they are a winner.
- 2 x winners will also be chosen in 2 x late entry prize draws (1 x winner in each late entry draw):
- The first late entry draw period will run from 00:00am on 07.03.22 to 23:59 on 31.07.22 with the first late entry draw being conducted on the 1st August 2022.
- The second late entry draw period will run from 00:00am on 01.08.22 to 23:59 on 31.12.22 with the second late entry draw being conducted on the 3rd January 2023.
- All valid entries from each of the Late Entry Prize Draw will be independently verified by a third party the day after each promotional “late entry” draw date. Winners will be notified via the email address that they used to enter the promotion on the next working day following the prize draw. Winners will have 14 days to claim their prizes from first notification. Winners will be asked to follow instructions to claim their prize, this will include providing ID, proof of address, telephone number and confirming their email address. The claim process will involve personal details to verify their claim is valid. Failure of winners to claim or respond within these timescales allows the Promoter to reserve the right to forfeit the prize from this person and contact reserve winners drawn next in line in the original draw to fulfil any prizes not claimed in this manner. The selection process for late entry prize draw winners will repeat. In the event that any subsequent late entry winner from the promotion fails to respond to communications after reasonable attempts to be contacted by the Promoter after 14 days, the prize will default into the second late entry draw. The selection process for the second late entry draw will repeat. If prizes are still not claimed during the second late entry draw, then the Promoter reserves the right to finally withdraw the late entry prizes. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their email account during this time in case they are the winner.
- Five working days after the successful claim of each prize and after each draw, winners’ details including name, address, telephone number and email address are handed over to Cloud Nine Incentives. Winners will be contacted via the telephone number provided during the winner confirmation, with a corresponding email going out the following week, outlining further details in writing on the prize booking process and including a booking form.
- The Promoter’s decision is final with regard to all promotional matters. The Promoter will not respond to any correspondence.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the promotion and acceptance of the prize. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or fulfilment of their prize.
- Proof of entry is not proof of purchase. Responsibility cannot be accepted for entries that are lost, damaged or delayed, nor any associated costs to entrants.
- The Promoter is not responsible for the acts or default of third-party suppliers but will endeavour to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Winners will be subject to a full verification process. Winners may be asked to provide their promotional pack and receipt showing date of purchase during the Promotional Period or a date prior to reflect that fact that some stock has reached the marketplace early for each and every entry as proof of purchase in order to verify their claim.
- All entrants will be required to provide a genuine email address that is personal, valid and accessible throughout the promotion. In the event that the specified information is not provided or is incorrect or an alias, the entry may be considered incomplete and therefore the Promoter reserves the right to invalidate the entry.
- In the event of an email address becoming inaccessible during the promotion, the Promoter is not able to retrieve and amend any existing entries to a new email address.
- All prizes are non-transferrable, non-negotiable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is offered in whole or in part and the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any part of the prize for an item of equal or greater value due to circumstances outside of the Promoter's control should any element of the prize be unavailable. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, the prize will only be awarded directly to the winner.
- In ROI this promotion is carried out under the Licence issued to Pieta House, Pieta House Cork, Shanakiel, Cork: established to help prevent suicide and self-harm.
- Limitations of liability: Neither the Promoter, its agents or anyone professionally connected to the promotion, assume any responsibility or liability for:
- Any incorrect or inaccurate code entry, or for any faulty, erroneous or failed electronic data transmissions;
- Any unauthorised access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of codes at any point in the operation of this promotion. Communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regards to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilised in any aspect of this promotion;
- Inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet or the microsite or any combination thereof;
- Any unauthorised access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of codes at any point during the operation of this promotion.
- Conduct of entry: The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the promotion; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be disruptive.
- If, for any reason, any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the promotion or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (passport, driving licence or equivalent) which they must provide within 7 calendar days and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement, and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise, where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- By taking part in the promotion, winners agree that Nestlé may contact them to ask whether they want to participate in marketing activities relating to the promotion. Such publicity may include, without limitation, the entrants name and/or if consent given, image of statements made by the entrants concerning the promotion and/or prizes obtained as part of the promotion.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- The Promotion and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of the participating country but any disputes as to the meaning of these terms will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the participant’s local courts.