KitKat® Santa & Festive Friends Yule Log
- 100g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 65g gluten free self raising flour
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 40g cocoa powder
- 500g icing sugar
- 35g cocoa powder
- 50g unsalted butter, softened
- 95ml milk
- 12 KitKat® Festive Friends
What You Will need
- Preheat your oven to 180°C fan / 200°C. Lightly grease your Swiss roll tin and line with non-stick baking paper.
- Add 4 eggs & 100g caster sugar to large bowl. Whisk together until light in colour.
- Pour in the dry ingredients (65g gluten free self raising flour, 40g cocoa powder, ¼ xanthan gum – already mixed in a bowl) & fold.
- Get your prepared swiss roll tin & pour in your mixture. Spread it out evenly.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 9 minutes until cooked & risen.
- Place a sheet of non-stick baking paper down and dust with icing sugar. Invert your cooked sponge onto the paper.
- Peel off the paper on top & roll the sponge up tightly whilst still hot. Allow to cool whilst still rolled up.
- To make the icing, add 50g unsalted soft butter, 35g cocoa powder, 95ml milk & 500g icing sugar to a bowl & whisk together until a thick.
- Unroll the cooled sponge and spread a thin layer of icing on the sponge then roll it up.
- Cover the outside of the sponge with the rest of the icing. Then use a fork to pull through the icing for a pattern.
- Decorate evenly with 12 KitKat® Santa or his Festive Friends!
Products used in this Recipe
KitKat® Santa Large Pouch
Have a break this Christmas with KitKat® Santa and his Festive Friends! A large pouch bag filled with individually wrapped festive figures, each a delicious mix of crispy wafer and indulgent milk chocolate filling coated in creamy milk chocolate.